PFA members are represented by a team who are happy to talk to you about any industry concerns or issues you may have – or even just a chat. The main focus of the Association is to provide a voice for professional fishers to the Government (Federal, State, Local) and key stakeholder groups including NSW Fisheries, National Parks, Industry Affiliates, media and community groups to name a few.
Membership to the PFA is available to any wild harvest commercial fisher in NSW.
We also offer corporate membership.
So, if you aren’t a member or would like to join, please get in contact with us. We’re here to help you….
The PFA provides the following for our members:
- transparent policy formulation in collaboration with fishers;
- weekly email updates to members regarding PFA activities and relevant issues
- updates to members from stakeholders;
- distribute information on matters of interest to fishers and matters of potential impact to fishers;
- information on opportunities and developments;
- updates fishers on the latest research and development findings and encourage the adoption of these;
- a forum for negotiating on contentious issues;
- forums and support through initiatives such as the ‘Men’s Shed’ to address psychological, emotional, financial and social issues;
- assistance to access government exceptional circumstances programs;
- media representation for the local fishing industry;
- media advice and assistance with fisher initiatives; and
- representing the industry at all levels of Government including Federal, State and Local.
We also offer a range of great merchandise for free to our members and discounts on products!