Tricia Beatty has been the PFA’s CEO for 9 years. Prior to this she has been involved in fisheries management, research and policy for more than 25 years.
During this time Tricia has worked and advised the industry in NSW, Queensland, and the Northern Territory. She has studied fisheries management internationally in numerous locations including Africa and New Zealand and trade missions to Asia.
As the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Fisheries Association (PFA), Tricia represents the interests of more than 200 commercial fishers who are based throughout NSW.
Tricia holds a number of Board positions in the industry including:
- Vice Chair of the NSW Seafood Industry Council
- Director on the Australian Council of Prawn Fisheries
- Member of the Australian Maritime Safety Agency’s Regional Fishing Industry Advisory Committee
- Member of the Commonwealth’s Temperate East Marine Park
- Member of the The Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC) NSW
- Research Advisory Committee
- Member of the Solitary Island’s Marine Park Advisory Committee
- Member of the NSW Natural Disaster Advisory Council
- Member of the NSW Food Authority’s Seafood Industry Forum
In her spare time, Tricia likes to spend time working on her kiwi farm, riding horses and scuba diving.